Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tolum, Mexico

After spending another rainy night near Chichenitza I took the bus the next day to Tolum, located on the eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. Tolum is famous for it's Mayan ruins located right along cliffs overlooking the beaches of the Caribbean. I wasn't feeling very well while I was there, but it was a beautiful and relaxing place to recover. I spent three day on the beach, camping, swinging in my hammock, swimming, and visiting the ruins. The beach was beautiful with a powdery white sand and the water was a brilliant turquoise. It was a great place to take it easy.




















The ruins were nice, but the best part about them was the location. Right on the cliffs with a defensive wall around the three other sides. It rained half way through my visit, but I got to see most of the ruins and spend some time in the ocean below looking up at the cliffs from the water.











































Driftwood at Tolum

No comments: