Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

More than just a mouthful to say Tegucigalpa, or Teguc for short, is hard to chew all around. It certainly isn't he prettiest city, but it is the capitol and an interesting place in it's own way. Geographically it is set in the middle of the country and surrounded by a ring of mountains. Sounds pretty until you are on the Teguc side of the mountains where dilapidated shacks are running up the slopes and the streets are littered with trash.

On this trip I spent plenty of time coming into and out of Teguc to get around the country and to take care of errands. I didn't do anything touristy in Tuguc to give it much gloss, after spending two years living not that far away I had already seen plenty. For that matter there unfortunately won't be much about Honduras since I have seen most of it already. It's a shame really, since the best parts of Honduras are hard to get to and usually skipped by most tourists. Anyway, the part of Teguc that I did capture is the gritty everyday side of the city. I had come in and out a lot so there is no logical chronology to the photos, just a random collection.






























Bananas for sale

1 comment:

Muchacho Enfermo said...

Bernie, I had a very similar trip last october and I loved every minute of it. No one I know can understand the amazement in my voice or my respect for the Cuban people unless they've done what you have done. Live with the people. Excellent, Excellent blog sir.