Monday, January 19, 2009

Pasto, Colombia

From Popoyan I traveled back up into the mountains on a gorgeous bus ride. Then arrived in Pasto, Colombia, near the border with Ecuador. Pasto was cold and blustery, and while I met some great people, there were plenty whose personalities seemed to mimic the miserable weather. It seemed like such a different place from the Colombia I had come to know. I did meet some nice people but not enough to want to stay for more than a night. It was time to get moving south, in a month's time I would be meeting up with my sister Katie in Brazil. Looking at the map I realized I had not traveled all that far in South America and I had a long way to go. For the next month I had to keep moving to get to Brazil by the time Katie would be there.
















Round clay pots

No comments: