Monday, January 19, 2009

Cali, Colombia

From Riosucio I went back to Manizales for a few days then finally started on my way towards Ecuador stopping off in a few cities along the way. My first stop was Cali. A large city in the lower planes of Colombia. It was a beautiful drive coming down from the mountains through coffee country and down into the valley filled with pineapple and sugarcane fields.





I didn't do much in the city other than walk around. I was feeling a little sick and I was fiesta-ed out betwen Manizales and Riosucio. Still, the night I arrived I did check out the bar in front of my hotel and I ended up learning a new phrase in Spanish. The doorman at the bar wanted to make sure that I knew it was a "club de ambiente". I took that to literally mean "club of ambiance" and thought it sounded harmless enough. It was a gay bar.













Old bench

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Club de ambiente??? Hmm, I have never met you but Jen had to wonder if you were hit on in there, or what exactly clued you in to it being a gay bar. Sweet.

rbaker1144 said...

Was the bar anything like the gay bars in Key West (or did you stumble into any gay bars in Key West)?

BTW when on their latest cruise (in December), Arf made the obligitory call to me from the Green Parrot in Key West.

Turk