Monday, September 22, 2008

Merida, Mexico

Merida was such a great town on its that that it deserves it's own entry. Every weekend they shut down the streets around the Zocalo (central park) and they have a party in the streets with food stands and all the rest. It was a fun town with colonial architecture, a strong Mayan culture, horse drawn carriages, weekend street parties, and even a great market with live wrestling.




























On top of all of that, the people I met in Merida were really great. The folks that ran the hostel were so nice and laid back, they even invited me to eat lunch with them one day. As for the travelers I got to see a few fun groups come and go while I was there. Not only have I learned a lot about Mexico in my three months here, but also plenty about Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Israel, Poland, Japan, and even France (like the fact that they don't generally tip).




















Hammocks

No comments: