Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trinidad

Once in Trinidad it was another interesting experience looking for a place to stay. I was offered on illegal house first then eventually found another place for the night. I met lots of really nice people, but it seemed like there was always business hook. The Guest houses were cheaper and a cooler experience than the hotels but it was hard not to feel like a pay check in someone’s home. The first night I found a place to stay but it was booked the next night. The next morning I moved houses and stayed with a woman that was constantly trying to up-sell me dinner, breakfast, and even beers. The food sounded good but cost as much as a nice meal back in the States. In comparison two personal pizzas on the street with a drink cost less than 50 cents. In this way Cuba was both the most expensive and least expensive country that I had yet to visit in Latin America.

My first night I got cleaned up and went out to see the live music that Trinidad is known for. The next day I walked all around the town. Trinidad was a beautiful picturesque place. Nothing all that exciting happened during the day, but it was a lot of fun taking cool pictures around the town. Later in the evening I went out and happened to run into Dave, a guy that I met back in Mexico City six months ago. We hung out that night at the house of congas. They had a couple cool bands and dance performances.

































































Cuban toy cars

No comments: