Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Staying with Dona Elizabeth in San Jose

From San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua I booked it south across the border to Costa Rica, all the way to the capital San Jose. There I stayed with a terrific woman from Servas, Doña Elizabeth. She treated me so well and helped me to do so much to keep up with my trip. Being on the road the way that I am I don't have much of a homebase, but Doña Elizabeth made me feel as if I did. It is so great to meet terrific people along the way that make you feel at home.

Before I saw much Costa Rica I was rushing down to San Jose to make it for flight to Cuba. After my trip to Cuba I would be returning to see more of Costa Rica and to stay with Doña Elizabeth again.

While I was in San Jose I didn't see much of the city. Instead I spent the next day and night getting my affairs in order and preparing for my trip to Cuba.

No comments: