Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Festival of the Sea, Santa Marta, Colombia

From Venezuela I crossed into my Colombia and made it to the small city of Santa Marta, right on the Caribbean. There is so much to see in this part of Colombia, but alas I didn't have much time to see all that I wanted to. Instead of jamming it all in I decided to relaxed in Santa Marta and enjoyed the 50th annual "Festival of the Sea". It went on for all three days that I spent in Santa Marta and it was a blast. I would have like to see some of the other things around Santa Marta, but I think it is safe to say that I ill be back to Colombia. Festivals aside, I decided that Colombia was my favorite country in all of Latin America. They have a tourism campaign that says if you visit Colombia you are at risk... at risk of not wanting to leave. It's true.

The festival was three days of a street fair along the beach then live music on the stages at night. Two days there was a parade. It was a great time but I didn't take too many photos. The photos I did take were just with a pocket camera so the quality doesn't do the experience justice. Colombia is known for it's numerous festivals and they know how to party. I heard somewhere that Brazil and Colombia have the happiest people. I believe it, the Colombian people are awesome.


























Colored chicks

2 comments:

GalleryJuana said...

Found your blog while I was searching for information on Real de Catorce, in Mexico.

Your travel blog is incredible to read. Amazing life!

Marisol said...

Colombia is the best!!! Hope you return soon and bring friends :)