Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cartegena, Colombia

From Santa Marta I traveled four hours along the Caribbean Coast to Cartegena where I spent the last few days of my travels in South America. Cartegena was a beautiful city steeped in history, although I didn't take too many photos. It had a beautiful old city surounded by a fortress wall orginally constructed to withstand the regular sieges of pirates. By far Cartegena was the most touristy city that I had seen in Colombia, but it was for good reason. Cartegena was a must see with plenty to do all around.

I spent the last few days of my trip relaxing in the old city then I was on a plane bound for the United States. I was a bit sad to be leaving South America, but excited to make it home. I had a wedding to go to in New York, a quick trip home, then one more trip to Canada to round out my travels in the America's.
















Colombian Flag

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!