Monday, May 25, 2009

Foz de Iguazu, Brazil

From the chaotic city of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay I walked across the bridge to get to Brazil. On one side of the bridge I got my exiting stamp from Paraguay and on the other side Brazilian immigration checked for the extra-expensive American visa (140 dollars) before giving me an entrance stamp. From the immigration post I caught a local bus to the city of Foz de Iguazu, then another bus to the Iguazul Falls.









I had seen the Argentinean side of the falls almost three months earlier with my sister Katie. When we visited in February there was more water flowing and the up close views were incredible.

http://berniefrankl.blogspot.com/2009/03/iguazul-falls-with-my-sister-katie.html

Even though there wasn't as much water flowing when I visited them the second time they were still impressive and with a different kind of beauty on the Brazilian side. You couldn't get right on top of the largest falls of as in Argentina, but there were better views of the whole system.




















That evening I met up with a woman from “couch surfing” Vanessa, and some of her friends. It was a fun night and a good next day seeing some of the city and practicing my Portuguese with Vanessa. Brazil looked to be a great country so far. People were happy and friendly, the food was terrific, and it just had a good feel to it.





Falling water

1 comment:

Bryce said...

Is that animal a pisote?

I got your message. Sorry I missed your call. Hopefully, i will catch up with you soon.