Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cordoba, Argentina

From Mendoza I caught a bus and rode 10 hours east and a bit north across Argentina to the city of Cordoba. There I stayed with another terrific “couch surfing” couple Ludo and Naty (www.couchsurfing.org). They were incredibly hospitable and giving. While I was there another group of couch surfers was also staying with them; two were from France and one was from Belgium, and all of them were architects. We had a fun night sharing a terrific meal and some wine.







The next day the other “couch surfers” were off so Ludo and the rest of the family were nice enough to drop all of us off downtown. Before the others caught their bus Ludo made sure to capture the moment in multiple places. While he was taking photos with all of us I couldn't help but take photos of his sweet daughter doing the filming. Too funny.






After the others left I walked around the city on my own. It was a Sunday so it was nearly empty until later in the afternoon. It seemed like a ghost town until about 4 then people came out to hang out and sip Mate (a herb infused hot water) in the parks. Later on there were plenty of other people dancing, practicing martial arts, drinking wine, and generally enjoying life. Cordoba seemed like a good place to be on a Sunday afternoon.


















In fairness I didn't see that much of Cordoba. I stayed one more day then caught a night bus to the far north of Argentina. After a couple months in Argentina I was itching to get moving north. I had recently bought a ticket back to the States from Colombia and I had a long way to go in less than three months.


Legs on the water

No comments: