Sunday, December 21, 2008

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

From Dona Elizabeth's in San Jose I traveled south to the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, close to the border with Panama. There I stayed in a place called Rockin' J's. It was built by JJ, a good friend of my friend Marsha back home. Also my friend Mike, who had just come down to visit, helped to design some of it. I had heard a lot about the place not only from Marsha in Tucson, but travelers as well. It was a fun place, but mostly empty since the recent storms drove tourists away from the area. The main bridge to the city had been washed away recently and a temporary bridge had just been put in place.

Rockin' J's was built outside of the small town of Puerto Viejo. It had a funky Caribbean vibe with lots of reggae and Rasta roots. It was somewhat of a rough place with a very laid back way of life. The surf was also pretty good.























Blue Hammocks

No comments: