Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tampa, Florida

After visiting with family and friends back home in Ohio, I ended up with my life packed into one tidy backpack and I was off to Tampa for the first leg of my Trip. There I visited with several friends that I met while in the Peace Corps in Honduras. It was a great reunion and relaxing way to start my trip.












My sister Katie dropping me off at the airport.

In Tampa Dave, Rob, and Liz showed me the sites around the Tampa area. Our first night was spent cruising around one of the cooler parts called Ybor city. It is an historic district that is famous for hand-rolled cigars and more recently, great night life.


Hanging out with Dave, Rob, and Liz.

The next day we went on an easy-going canoe ride down a swampy river where we saw about 50 alligators and even more birds and turtles along the way.


























































The next day Rob, Liz, Dave, Caroline and I went to the beach and soaked in a little sun. Later that night we met up with Hung and Juan at a Honduran restaurant in Tampa. It was great feeling like we were all back in Honduras.





Honduran body gestures

1 comment:

Tampa Robb said...

Well, I suppose you will be leaving the lower 48 pretty soon and I'd like to be the first to say, Aloha!